Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Weekend

I was a little unsure about how this weekend was going to go since the group and I didn't have anything planned. Turns out we all ended up having a good time hanging out in Wellington. Since most of us don't work on Friday, we all got to sleep in. Friday afternoon we decided to treat ourselves to a Kiwi (thats what local NZer's refer to themselves) lunch. We found a meat pie shop and treated ourselves. Now I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong. Pie here refers to a meat pie, which is basically a pot pie. Even though it was a $5 lunch, I was really impressed. The crust was warm and flaky, and inside is full of vegetables, cheese, and meat. It was the best breakfast/lunch I've had in a while.

After lunch our group split up into two. Some decided to go shopping while the rest of us took the trolley up the hill to Wellington's Botanical Gardens. We walked through the gardens back down into downtown Welly. The views were priceless, and we got to see all these different types of palm trees and plants that are only local to New Zealand. Some of which are endangered too. Again, the views from the gardens are really amazing and can't be described with words.

Afterwards we all met back up at home and we got ready for a night out. Bar hopping in Wellington turned out to be a bit of an adventure. The first bar we went to we couldn't stay at very long since a few of us pre-gamed a little too hard. Once we dropped off a few party animals, we met some Kiwi's at another bar, and hung out with them for another two bars. To my surprise we then met more Americans from Tennessee and South Carolina. We ended the night ended at Burger King, which is a freaking circus at 3AM. I almost have a hard time here getting past a buzz since hard liquor is so expensive. I just can't force myself to spend $30 on a fifth of booze. Which is good, I'd rather buy a bus ticket with that.

I"ll have to share the rest later, right now my roommate is waiting on me to leave. More stories coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment