Friday, June 4, 2010

I'M HERE!

Let me preface this post by saying I have less than 10 minutes left on this computer. So don't judge if something is mispelled or does not make sense.

I've arrived! I've been here for 2 days so far and they both have been awesome! The 12 1/2 hour flight wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I slept most of the way and watched movies. When we arived in Wellington, we met the guys who set up our internships and housing. Their names are Gavin and Bob, and they are both really cool. They made us stay up until 8:00PM that night to help us avoid jet lag. Which worked out really well. Monday they showed us around Wellington, AND we went to a bar for lunch that had the Stanley Cup game on!!!! I was so happy to be able to watch the first period of the Hawks..........even if they did lose.

On Tuesday we saw and did some of the coolest stuff ever. Bob and Gavin arranged a four wheel drive tour of the area around Wellington. It started out going through some suburbs then up a mountain, which was pretty bizare for this midwest kid. We were 500 meters high...I think...and I dont know who mamy feet that is.

Damn, I'm almost out of time so I'll have to tell you guys about the rest later. I've got some good stories too.

Pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment