Wednesday, June 16, 2010

They spent how much at Wal-Mart?

Yesterday I was at work and I had a free second so I checked my email. My dad sent me a note saying that my bank had been calling the house and that I needed to call them. So I woke up early this morning and I called them before I went to work. I found out that my identity was stolen. Yep, someone has been trying to use my debit card while I’ve been in New Zealand.

Thankfully, my bank did not authorize any transactions, but now my debit card and internet banking is shut off. So I have no way to access my money. The bank is mailing a new debit card to my house in Michigan, and hopefully it will be there by this weekend for my sister to pick up.

As for money, my other sister is going to try taking some money out of my checking account then sending it to me via Western Union. Lucky for me I have some good friends with me here. One of them bought me a bus ticket so I can go away with them this weekend and the other said she could give me back the money I gave her yesterday for a plane ticket. I’ll pay her back later when I have my new debit card.

On the brighter side 4 of the girls, my roommate and I are going to the south island this weekend. We’re taking a ferry from Wellington to Picton and spending the night in then going to Nelson. I don’t know how much stuff there is to do in Picton but there is a ton to do in Nelson. You can go hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, and horseback riding. Even in winter! It should be a fun weekend, and I’m really excited to go explore somewhere that’s not Wellington. I really like Wellington, but I’m ready to go see what else is out there.

Well tonight I have to stay up until 2AM so I can call the bank and tell them to let my sister take out money. Don’t really know what I’m going to do…god willing I don’t fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment