Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I know, this is WAY overdue

Okay, so I haven’t updated this in awhile. I lost my motivation because I haven’t been doing anything REALLY exciting lately.
So past two weekends I’ve just been hanging around Wellington, but I’ve been making the most of it. Two weeks ago I walked up Mt. Victoria and saw some amazing views of the town. Until then I didn’t really realize how small Wellington really was. From up there I could see where I worked, where I lived, the airport, etc, etc. Pretty much everything really looked so close together. Of course when I think about more and more Wellington is really only the size of Grand Rapids.

After walking down Mt. Vic instead of going home I walked over the New Zealand War memorial. It was pretty cool, I didn’t know very much about New Zealand’s history until then.


When I saw the tomb of the Unknown Soldier I thought it was interesting that they didn’t have a guard or rope or anything around it. On my 8th grade trip to Washington D.C. on the things I remembered very well was the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. There was an elaborate ceremony of the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery.

Then, last weekend my agency was invited to an industry party that was being put on by a post-production company. It was a lot fun going out with people from work, what wasn’t fun was waking up the next day at 8:00AM and getting in a car to Martinborough. Martinbourough is a town in the Wairappa, which is one of the largest wine regions in New Zealand. Although I’m not a hue fan of wine, it was a perfect day to be driving around and taking in the scenery. The wine was also very good, and on top of that we went to an olive rove. Apparently New Zealand olive oil is supposed to be a bi deal. We tasted many different kinds of olive oil, and I tried olives too. I usually HATE olives, but these were so good. First I tried the dessert olives, yep dessert olives. They’re black olives that are soaked in balsamic vinegar and some kind of fruit. They were nothing like that nasty olives I was used too. Then I tried the green olives, these were the smallest olives I had seen. They didn’t have that red thin in the middle, which explains the size. So these olives savory and salty, and just good, I can’t really explain why these were so good.
Tomorrow is my last day at MEC. Its pretty sad, the time went by really fast. I’m not totally sure, but I think my next internship isn’t going to have much to do with media. Which bums me out, but it will be good to see the other side of things in the industry.
Something I have to look forward to is that I leave for Sydney on Sunday. I’m really excited, right now I have no idea what I’m going to do there, I’m just going, but that’s pretty much how all my trips have been like so far.
So this weekend I was hoping to go bungee, but its not going to happen. I feel like I missed out big time but not doing it in Queenstown. I’m not going to look back and regret any longer though. Now I have even more reasons to come back. Oh yea did I mention I’m coming back to New Zealand. Haha, I don’t know when but someday I’ll make it back here and “relive” my the experience I’ve had.

No comments:

Post a Comment